In ancient times and to some extent, continuing even today, water was heated in vessels, known as water heaters, kettles, cauldrons or coppers, either for taking hot bath or for drinking purposes or for some medical reasons. The only downslide was that they could not ensure continual supply of heated water at a preset temperature, which often varied with each session of water heating.
It was not until the arrival of Geysers, also called water heaters or hot water heaters or boilers, that humans could find a process that could ensure heated water, potable or non-potable, at a preset temperature. With Geysers, hot water can be availed off from a power source like electricity with a mere pressing of a switch.
How is a Geyser exactly described as?
It’s defined as a spring characterized by intermittent discharge of water ejected turbulently and accompanied by a vapour (steam). The word ‘Geyser’ evolved out of ‘Geysir’, name of an erupting spring at Haukadalur, Iceland, while the name comes from the Icelandic verb ‘Geysa’ which means ‘to gush’.
FACTS ABOUT GEYSERS YOU NEVER KNOW :
Here are some facts about Geysers that you never know or have at best vague idea about:
- Modern geyser is nothing but a finer version of the old heating of the water manually over a fire in a large pot.
- 1st device remotely resembling a geyser was invented in the 1860s. They were in the form of gas jets that heated the water in a bath from beneath. Cold water ran through the jet tubes that were hot, making in turn the water hot.
- Storage-based water Geyser was invented in 1889. Water was stored in a large tank and a water source was used to heat the water directly.
- Geyser’s hot water helps loosen tense shoulder muscles, working like a massage. They also act as natural decongestant for your body with the water steam helping clear the nasal passages.
- Geyser hot water is also useful for breaking fever and in bringing the body temperature back to normal.
- Tankless Geysers heats water only on a need basis, which in turn means greater efficiency in terms of energy used for heating water.
- Densely populated urban areas of some nations like Finland and Scandinavia, provides for district heating of hot water that supplies energy for water heating with actual heating of tap water performed in heat exchangers at the customer’s premises. The customers do not have in-building backup systems thanks to expected high availability of district heating systems.
- Electric geysers are safer than gas geysers and depending on the tanks used, they are also smaller than gas geysers making them easier to install.
- Gas geysers heat water much quicker than electric geysers & are also very economical to use.
If you’re looking for Venus Geyser Repairs & Services in Hyderabad or Usha Geyser Repairs & Services in Hyderabad, look up Dialfix to get them back on track and working efficiently as they should.
GEYSER REPAIRS & SERVICES :
Dialfix is not just a top multi brand service centre, but also a top-notch Electronic Appliance Repair and Service Centre in Hyderabad that provides a broad confluence of high quality repair and servicing services in diverse areas ranging from Electronics & Electrical Repairs to Small & Home Appliances Repairs, Carpenter Works, Computer Repairs, Plumbing, etc.
Well-equipped with skilled manpower and resources, DialFix is well-placed to take up any kind of Usha Geyser Repairs and Services in Hyderabad as well as Venus Geyser Repairs and Services in Hyderabad and resolve them to your wholesome satisfaction.
Adept in working over relatively minor problems as well as larger complex problems, Dialfix with its many branches spread across different parts of Hyderabad remains committed to not only meeting customer’s expectations but also to finding newer and innovative ways to tackle diverse spectrum of Geyser’s repair and service issues.